- Elliot answers a knock at his door and finds Darlene with the mask Oct 31, 2014. (s2)
- E’s not seen Darlene in months (she confirms).
- E’s already had one dissociative episode with the lost job/hack; he wakes up in the room with no memory of what happened just hours before.
- E’s already spoken to Angela regarding potential Allsafe job but we don’t know how it came up or whose idea it was for him to work there.
- E’s in possession of Edward’s “mr. Robot” jacket, which darlene’s maybe never really seen before.
Romero takes Mobley to Fun Society on/around Christmas that year.
- Mobley already knows a Guy (Elliot) who has a Plan (attack ecorp/eliminate debt)
- The crew that will become “fsociety” is in its infancy, ready to start operations at its new location by the top of 2015.
- Elliot’s already been working Allsafe for a bit.
- FSociety is has totally moved into, and is operating in, the arcade.
- Elliot has dissociated again, he doesn’t remember fsociety or Darlene at this time.
- Elliot googles the arcade and reads the article from 18-months prior, August 2013.
- Angela’s birthday & ddos attack are in February 2015.
- Allsafe meeting with E Corp and the government suits likely took place on Monday, February 9, 2015.
- 19 days after the meeting, still no news of Colby, brings us to Saturday, February 28
- March 2, 2015, Terry Colby arrested.
- March 13, 2015 – on Elliot’s Medical Records
- Elliots hospital records are from 3/13/2015
- Cisco’s computer as he is watching Ollie’s webcam and messaging with someone in an Chinese-looking alphabet, presumably the Dark Army. His computer’s date: Thurs, March 27 2015
- Talking about breaking into Steel Mountain and hacking the environmental controls in e1.03, Elliot says “It’s not happening until April 1st. It’s only the 29th” – “In 3 days, one Steel Mountain becomes 5.”
- Mobley’s computer in the minivan says Sat Mar 29 4:45PM. (March 29 2015 was a Sunday. )
- March 31st – Steel Mountain Exploit
- March 31st – Shayla is missing.
- April 1 – ECorp changes its backup methods
- April 1 – Last time we see Shayla (e6)
- April 1 – Vera calls Elliot from Jail
- Elliot falls off the Coney Island Boardwalk railing in early April 2015, this is also when the Boardwalk Fail video is taken.
- Detectives come over to the Wellick’s house, the tv references place us before April 14.
- Drug tests are taken, processed and changed on 4/20 (lol), 4/21, and 4/22, respectively.
- Colby has publically implacated himself for the ddos err, per an article (in e1.2) dated 4/21/2015 3:12PM.
- May 1 – Elliot at Therapy with Krista, a month since Shayla’s death. (ep7)
- May 9 – 5/9
- May 9 – the day Elliot realizes he’s Mr. Robot.
- Elliot sneaks off to fsociety with Tyrell while Darlene’s out refilling his medications.
- May 12 – Elliot wakes up in Tyrell’s car, finds a pair of sunglasses in the visor, with a hidden usb drive.
Here’s the impressive tumblr post by fuckyeahmrobot
Making sense of the timeline of Mr. Robot one of the most necessary steps to understanding WTF is happening with Elliot and the gang. Non-linear storytelling can be hard to follow, even with reliable narrators, and continuity errors only confuse the matter more. I personally get a real kick out of trying to figure it out.
Pilot/Ep1 – depicts Feb 5-March 2, 2015
Episode 2 – depicts ~ March- Early April 2015
At the top of episode 2, Tyrell states that E Corp is changing storage/backup ops at the “end of the quarter.” March 31.
Episode 3 – depicts April 2015
Elliot’s Medical Records March 13, 2015; And he’s drug tested on April, 20 and changes the records a few days after that.
Episode 4 – March 27-29
In episode 4, the fsociety gang discuss E Corp switching over their data storage on Wednesday, April 1, 2015. Elliot says they have time since it’s only March 29. I’m pretty sure the rest of the episode takes place mostly over March 30, and they infiltrate Steel Mountain during episode 5 on March 31, 2015, a Tuesday.
Elliot sobers up & has his crazy hallucination.
Episode 5 – March 31st
Episode 6 – April 1st
Vera jail break on April 1, 2015
Episode 7 – May 1st
Elliot on Krista’s couch the first few days of May.
Episode 8 – April 14?
Episode 9 – 5/9/2015
Gideon’s email suggests that it’s June 9, but this might be a mistake because in the same episode…
Angela’s computer lists the date as May 9, 2015 in the same episode.
Episode 10 – May 12, 2015
Elliot awakes in the SUV on May 12, 2015 (ep 10)
(Boardwalk Fail video uploaded to Vimeo on Aug 26, 2015)